In 2010, Williams won a student Emmy for music composition for his ragtag piano and Dixieland jazz score for the animated film Mashed.
The following year, Williams composed pieces as part of the Heloise Crista Project. This project was part of the Laycock Center for Creative Collaboration in the Arts. The project involved over sixty-five collaborators--including student choreographers and composers, faculty choreographers and composers, lighting and set designers, student cinematographers, dancers, and more. The project culminated with a themed dance concert, entitled Transformations, which was presented at four sold-out performances.
His musical score for the BYU animated short Chasm won first place at the 2014 College Television Awards. Williams is a member of the musical group TREN, which consists of BYU students and alumni.
- KSL.com - "BYU students, grads vying to get original song into final Hunger Games film" (26 May 2015)
- CFAC News - BYU Wins Big at ‘Student Emmys’ for Owned, Chasm (25 Apr 2014)
- Deseret News - BYU Students Continue to Win at Student Emmys with Owned and Chasm (30 Apr 2014)
- The Daily Herald - Sound Briefs: Discovering America (21 Feb 2013)
- CFAC - From Frank Lloyd Wright's House to the Dance Floor (7 Nov 2011)
- BYU News Release - BYU Music Student wins 'student Emmy' for music (13 April 2010)