While at BYU, Egan produced and hosted a cooking program, “Kelsey’s Kitchen” for two years. Her experience on the program provided her with added experience when entering the work force.
Egan now resides in Los Angeles and is the national spokesperson for Focus Electrics Group, which houses multiple kitchen appliance brands. She also has made television appearances and is working toward her goal of having a show in the Food Network. In 2008, she was chosen as one of the competitors on "The Next Food Network Star."
In 2007, Egan was presented with the Earl J. Glade Award.
In November 2010, Egan's desire for her own professional show became a reality. Kelsey's Essentials previewed on the Cooking Channel and is designed for the do-it-yourself cook. Egan teaches about essential techniques and equipment and gives tips for creativity and success in the kitchen without recipes.
- The Daily Herald: BYU student Kelsey Nixon shows what's cookin' on local TV show
- The Daily Herald: Pressure Cooker
- The Daily Universe: Kelsey Nixon Cooks Her Way to Success on This Year's Food Network Star Search
- BYU Magazine: Cooking with Kelsey (Winter 2011)
- “Queen of Cuisine.” Comms Alumni Magazine. Brigham Young University. 2007: 7.