While at BYU, Egan produced and hosted a cooking program, “Kelsey’s Kitchen” for two years. Her experience on the program provided her with added experience when entering the work force.
In 2007, Egan was presented with the Earl J. Glade Award.
Egan then relocated to Los Angeles where she was the national spokesperson for Focus Electrics Group, which houses multiple kitchen appliance brands. In 2008, she was chosen as one of the competitors on "The Next Food Network Star."
In November 2010, Egan's desire for her own professional show became a reality when Kelsey's Essentials, a show designed for the do-it-yourself cook, previewed on the Cooking Channel. Egan teaches about essential techniques and equipment and gives tips for creativity and success in the kitchen without recipes.
In 2014, Egan published her first book, Kitchen Confidence.
- The Daily Herald: BYU student Kelsey Nixon shows what's cookin' on local TV show
- The Daily Herald: Pressure Cooker
- The Daily Universe: Kelsey Nixon Cooks Her Way to Success on This Year's Food Network Star Search
- BYU Magazine: Cooking with Kelsey (Winter 2011)
- Deseret News - Kelsey Nixon outlines kitchen essentials (2/24/14)
- “Queen of Cuisine.” Comms Alumni Magazine. Brigham Young University. 2007: 7.
As a service to readers, the BYU College of Fine Arts and Communications Wiki provides information on, and links to, groups and persons associated with the college. Views expressed on websites linked to the wiki are not necessarily those of the College of Fine Arts and Communications or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.