David Paul Smith
Dave met his wife, Brittni Bills Smith, during a SCERA Shell production of Oklahoma in 2004. Over the next three years the couple spent hours upon hours in the HFAC, studying their individual disciplines and co-starring in BYU’s production of The Foreigner.
He has taught voice lessons for the Hale Theater Orem and does music composition projects for theater and for small films.
He proposed to Brittni in January 2008 on the SCERA Shell stage, where they had first met. They were married two weeks after graduating. During the summer of 2008 they decided it would be fun to perform together again as a married couple and played opposite of each other in the Scera Center for the Arts’ musical adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
In 2012 Dave played the part of banker Bobby Child in the Hale Theater's production of Crazy for You. Reviews lauded him as the "key" to the play and praised his humorous charm and energy. That same year the Smiths adapted the well-known story, The Emperor's New Clothes, into a musical performed by the American Fork Youth Theater. In the fall of that year Dave directed the Youth Theater through its production of The Little Mermaid. The following spring he directed Enchanted Sleeping Beauty.
Smith is a regular cast member at the Hale Centre Theatre and was the crazy Caractacus in the theatre's production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in 2013. In that same year Smith served as Music Director for he SCERA's production of Tarzan.
Dave and Brittni have starred together in over 12 regional productions, and continue to be actively involved in the performing arts.
- The Daily Herald - Welcome to the Jungle: Tarzan Swings into the SCERA Shell (6 June 2013)
- The Deseret News - 'Tarzan the Musical' takes over the SCERA hill (2 June 2013)
- The Daily Herald - Arts Hot Ticket: It's a bird, it's a...car?! (11 April 2013)
- The Deseret News - Hale Centre's 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' is clap-along, sing-along amusement fare (21 Feb 2013)
- The Daily Herald - 'Chitty' chat: Hale production offers more band for the buck (21 Feb 2013)
- The Salt Lake Tribune - 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' takes HCT to new heights (19 Feb 2013)
- The Deseret News - 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' to fly over Hale Centre audiences (9 Feb 2013)
- The Daily Herald - Children's musicals trumpet romance, conflict, self-worth (10 Mar 2013)
- The Daily Herald - Youth Theater performs 'The Little Mermaid' (16 Nov 2012)
- The Daily Herald - AF Youth Theater presents 'The Emperor's New Clothes' (21 July 2012)
- The Salt Lake Tribune - Happening today: Gershwin's 'Crazy for You' (19 June 2012)
- The Deseret News - Talented, energetic cast makes 'Crazy for You' work (19 June 2012)
- The Daily Herald - Tale of Woo: two 'Crazy' kids in love (14 June 2012)
- The Deseret News - 'Crazy for You' opens on Hale Center Theater stage (10 June 2012)
- The Deseret News - True love on stage and at home (4 Feb 2012)
- The Daily Universe - Utah County theater thrives despite economic uncertainties (4 May 2010)