In 1959 (and several years previous), it was known as the Speech and Dramatic Arts Department under the College of Fine Arts. In 1962, the departments separated into the Speech Department and the Dramatic Arts Department. In 1964 when the college name changed to the College of Fine Arts and Communications, a Communications Department was added in addition to the Speech Department. In 1968, the Speech and Dramatic Arts Departments were combined back in to one department with Communications still separate. In 1975 the Communications Department absorbed the Speech Department and formed two separate areas of study—Mass Communications and Speech Communications. Finally, in 1976 they did away with the two areas of study under Communications and it just became Communications.
Pages in category "Speech Department"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.