Merrill began his own studio, Aaron Merrill Music and Sound, in 1993. His work has been heard on ABC, CBS, Fox, Warner/Chappell, National Cable Network, Big Ten Network, Simon & Schuster, KCRA Television & News, the Make A Wish Foundation, Nest Entertainment, Bringing Hope Foundation, Kaleidoscope Pictures, LDS Motion Picture Studio, Franklin Covey, and BYU Broadcasting.
At the 2014 Filmed in Utah Award Show, Merrill won the Best Sound Mix award for his work on The Saratov Approach.
- Workman Productions - 2014 Fillmed in Utah Winners (Apr 2014)
- The Digital Universe - 'The Saratov Approach' Shatters Box Office Records of Previous Mormon Films (2 Apr 2014)
- The Digital Universe - Third-Annual Filmed in Utah Awards Dominated by 'The Saratov Approach' (31 Mar 2014)
- Daily Herald - Who Needs Hollywood? Local Films Honored at Filmed in Utah Awards (31 Mar 2014)
- LDSMag - The Saratov Approach Breaks Records and Molds (24 Jan 2014)
- Wikipedia - The Saratov Approach (accessed 24 Jan 2014)